Amazon They Pick

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Moses, the Burning Bush, the Ten Commandments...


[3] And Moses said, “I will turn aside to see this great sight, why the bush is not burned.” [4] When the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” [5] Then he said, “Do not come near; take your sandals off your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground.” [6] And he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God. (Exodus 3:3-6 ESV)

[13] Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” [14] God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” [15] God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations. 
(Exodus 3:13-15 ESV) Again, we must go to the New Testament for the answer about who Moses is speaking with in the above verses, [56] Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.” [57] So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” [58] Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” [59] So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple. (John 8:56-59 ESV) And in Mark we find these verses, [61] But he remained silent and made no answer. Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” [62] And Jesus said, “I AM, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.” (Mark 14:61-62 ESV) Then in Revelation we find this verse, [13] I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” (Revelation 22:13 ESV)

[18] And he gave to Moses, when he had finished speaking with him on Mount Sinai, the two tablets of the testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God. (Exodus 31:18 ESV) In finishing this Bible study of the past few days about who has seen the face of God, we must say that no one has seen the face of God the Father. But many people, both in the New Testament and the Old Testament, have seen God the Son, Jesus. Based on this evidence, we can also conclude that God the Son actually wrote the Ten Commandments for Moses, Jesus, in the above verse, being the Finger of God. And then in this verse we hear Jesus as Lord, [27] And the LORD said to Moses, “Write these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel (Jacob).” [28] So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights. He neither ate bread nor drank water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments. (Exodus 34:27-28 ESV) Jesus then, again, wrote the Ten Commandments with His finger, during His earthly days.  This time to convict the religious or righteous, and this time sin is 'erasable' through Him as Messiah.  Go here for this explanation: http://boundaryhomestead.blogspot.com/2010/11/word-in-sand.html

No comments:

Post a Comment