Amazon They Pick

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Born again...

[3:1] Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. [2] This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” [3] Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” [4] Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” [5] Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."  (John 3:1-5 ESV)


What does it mean to be "Born Again"? Jesus says that with faith in Him, your old life is gone, and a new Life is here (you're born again). Read about Him with an open heart/mind, I dare you. It doesn't matter what happened in the past, it's all forgiven. The old is on Him, you're forgiven in Him. What matters is a rebirth with Him in your heart/mind. A new Life for you, and for me, promised to all who accept Him. This isn't exclusive, you don't have to become 'religious'. Unlike religion, there are no limitations with Him. However, even with Him, life will still have it's struggles. Will being Christian gain you wealth?  No, Jesus was not wealthy in monetary terms.  Before Solomon was a believer, he was probably the wealthiest person of his time.  But, wealth did not bring him happiness, happiness came thru God. When Solomon started listening to God, it filled the hole in his being. God's will will be done, and we can't understand His plans for us, nor His plans for those surrounding us. But with Christ in your life, how you handle those struggles will be different, to the positive different. Persistent faith in Him, and study of Him, will get you through anything that is thrown your way. Talk with Him daily, throughout the day, as a friend.  I used to call this my daily prayers, but now I just call it talking with Him. It's amazing the clarity that can be gleaned from Him when things are bothering you.  Somehow, just talking with Him and studying His Word will help to clear up problems or roadblocks in life. I don't know how, I just know that it happens. He said that He is with us right now as the Holy Spirit, some might call this your conscience, I believe it's Him. Who do I follow?  Not self, I know self. Learn about Christ, listen to what He tells us.  I didn't choose Him, He first chose me, and now I listen.  Why?  Because He loves me, and you. We are why He died on the cross, He died for you, and for me. Why? Because He said we're broken, and we need Him. No matter what, He doesn't change, He's there for you. Learn from Him, hear His call. One of His favorite sayings is, "Let him who has ears, hear Me."  To hear real life stories about how God turned things around for the wealthy, or the broken, go here: http://iamsecond.com/#/seconds/Wayne_Huizenga/

No comments:

Post a Comment