Amazon They Pick

Monday, November 29, 2010

We are no accident...

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever - do not abandon the works of your hands.  Psalm 138:8

From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.  Acts 17:26


"You are not an accident.  Your birth was no mistake or mishap, and your life is no fluke of nature.  Your parents may not have planned you, but God did.  He was not at all surprised by your birth.  In fact, he expected it.  Long before you were conceived by your parents, you were conceived in the mind of God.  God never does anything accidentally, and he never makes mistakes.  He has a reason for everything he creates.  Every plant and every animal was planned by God, and every person was designed with a purpose in mind."  Rick Warren - The Purpose Driven Life

It is comforting to know that God created me, for a purpose, and he knows me intimately.  I can't hide anything from him, he knows all about me.  I am what I am. What a sense of relief... To know that I can live my life free from guilt, with no trying, or needing, to hide things.  What a friend.  I talk with him daily, I used to call this prayer, but now I call it a daily conversation with a great friend.  Someone I can call on in need.  Someone who knows my pains.  Someone who knows what I meant to say, not how what I said was taken.  Someone to celebrate with, and someone to complain to.  Someone to be thankful to.  Someone to praise.  Someone to lifelong study.  Someone who never changes.  Someone who had me in mind before time began.  And sometimes, someone to yell at.  He is there always, always will be, and he created me, sense of humor that he has :)   And then, he gave me someone to share this crazy thing called life with, my other buddy, Jessi.  And 4 great kids to boot.  What a cool God he is!


1 comment: