Amazon They Pick

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

3. What is Heaven like...

In the first 2 parts of this Bible study I've learned that Heaven is:

1. A separate place apart from the earth.
2. A place where Jesus is, and He is preparing for our arrival.
3. A place for those who live by Jesus here on earth and also believe in Him as Savior.
4. It starts here on earth by us changing our inner heart, our hidden being, by following Jesus and applying Him to our lives. 

[21] “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. [22] On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ [23] And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ (Matthew 7:21-23 ESV) Oh, oh. Even if we say we follow Jesus, he knows what is in our heart, that hidden, inner being. Remember, that hidden, inner being can lead to Heaven, or in the above case, not.

[32] So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, [33] but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 10:32-33 ESV) Being Christian starts with a change to the inner self, hidden from others, but then becomes evidenced in the way we live. Others must know who we live for, our reason for being, Christ. We must be witnesses for Him to others.

“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up. Then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. (Matthew 13:44 ESV) 
[45] “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, [46] who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it. (Matthew 13:45-46 ESV)
The parables above are not about hiding the treasure found, that treasure being Christ, they are about Heaven being worth more than any treasure we can have here on earth. We cannot fathom the dwelling place of God, nor the reward of living in eternity with Him, thru Christ. Heaven is beyond anything we can relate to on earth.

Remember, John tells us, [1:1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] He was in the beginning with God. (John 1:1-2 ESV) Jesus was before creation began, unfathomable! Christ tells us that eternal salvation, eternity, is thru Him, unfathomable! Jesus tells us that our Heavenly reward is being in the eternal presence of Him, unfathomable! I want to be there, and I am told by Him that I can, if I believe in Him, if I live my earthly life in Him, and if I live my life as evidence to Him. I hear the call, I do.

In closing this Heaven study, Heaven is:
1. A separate place apart from the earth.
2. A place where Jesus is, and He is preparing for our arrival.
3. A place for those who live by Jesus here on earth and also believe in Him as Savior.
4. Heaven starts here on earth by us changing our inner heart, our hidden being, by following Jesus and applying Him to our lives.
5. A place for those who truly follow Jesus, He knows what's in our hidden heart.
6. A place for those who are witnesses here on earth for Christ.
7. A treasure beyond any treasure we can attain here on earth.
8. An eternal home, being in the eternal presence of an eternal Jesus, an unfathomable reward, but attainable thru Him!

[1] “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. [2] In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? [3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. [4] And you know the way to where I am going.” [5] Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” [6] Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. [7] If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” (John 14:1-7 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment